One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large railway yard in which freight wagons are organized into trains.‘better fencing and policing is needed around the freight yard’
- ‘The train wound its way through freight yards among mazes of tracks that fanned out in curved angles.’
- ‘Another precaution includes creation of marked safety zones in freight yards where only remote-controlled engines can operate.’
- ‘Chicago is considering a $1.5 billion plan to untangle its freight yards, through which about one-third of the nation's rail freight passes.’
- ‘The mine is ringed with smelting plants, freight yards, railroad lines, a power plant and the country's largest battery plant.’
- ‘He said the proposed residential units would be one-half mile from the proposed freight yard.’
- ‘Then, when the river was nearly sucked dry, they lined it with railroad tracks and freight yards and dumped industrial waste into its bed.’
- ‘Over a quarter of a million tons of freight moves from depots to docks, from factories to freight yards.’
- ‘Over the years many proposals for adding to the freight yards or relocating them were considered.’
- ‘This would mean the closure of the freight yard in Ballina Station and the potential loss of twelve jobs.’
- ‘The study will look into moving the freight yard out of the city centre, and possibly relocating it near the Food Park site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.