Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Software that is available free of charge.
- ‘Stay away from shareware and freeware until you're no longer a novice.’
- ‘When you download freeware or shareware, chances are that you are downloading spyware with it.’
- ‘I hesitate to recommend any video editing software that is freeware.’
- ‘The course is based on freeware and shareware software that can be used on second-hand machines.’
- ‘Open source is sometimes confused with freeware, which is software that does not cost anything.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.