One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A telephone service whereby a subscribing organization can pay for incoming calls made by its clients or customers.as modifier ‘a Freefone number’
- ‘Number ranges are listed in order of call tariffs below - from 0800 Freephone numbers to Premium Rate numbers.’
- ‘The Calderdale's new social services director said children going into care were now given packs about their rights and Freephone helpline numbers.’
- ‘When you own a 0800 Freephone Telephone number, calls can be diverted to you wherever you are and on whichever telephone network you choose.’
- ‘Consider, for example a competition with a 0800 Freephone response line advertised in your local press.’
- ‘The programmes work on the basis of self-referral: employees are never ‘told’ to use an EAP but voluntarily choose to ring a dedicated Freefone helpline number.’
- ‘In the past 0800 Freephone numbers were expensive, but not any more.’
- ‘Freefone is one of the most powerful sales and marketing tools available to your organisation - in fact, Freefone numbers can generate up to four times more business than conventional numbers.’
- ‘Fingal County Council runs a Litter Freephone service to encourage the public to report incidences of littering and illegal dumping.’
- ‘Initiatives introduced by the Council to help curb littering in Mayo included a Freephone line which people can dial to report instances of littering etc.’
- ‘Your phone will continue to receive calls on its original number as well as the incoming 0800 Freephone calls, and can be used to make outgoing calls as normal.’
- ‘The Citizens Information Service new Freephone number comes into effect on 4th November.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.