Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A telephone service whereby a subscribing organization can pay for incoming calls made by its clients or customers.[as modifier] ‘a Freefone number’
- ‘In the past 0800 Freephone numbers were expensive, but not any more.’
- ‘Your phone will continue to receive calls on its original number as well as the incoming 0800 Freephone calls, and can be used to make outgoing calls as normal.’
- ‘Number ranges are listed in order of call tariffs below - from 0800 Freephone numbers to Premium Rate numbers.’
- ‘When you own a 0800 Freephone Telephone number, calls can be diverted to you wherever you are and on whichever telephone network you choose.’
- ‘Consider, for example a competition with a 0800 Freephone response line advertised in your local press.’
- ‘Freefone is one of the most powerful sales and marketing tools available to your organisation - in fact, Freefone numbers can generate up to four times more business than conventional numbers.’
- ‘The Calderdale's new social services director said children going into care were now given packs about their rights and Freephone helpline numbers.’
- ‘The programmes work on the basis of self-referral: employees are never ‘told’ to use an EAP but voluntarily choose to ring a dedicated Freefone helpline number.’
- ‘Initiatives introduced by the Council to help curb littering in Mayo included a Freephone line which people can dial to report instances of littering etc.’
- ‘The Citizens Information Service new Freephone number comes into effect on 4th November.’
- ‘Fingal County Council runs a Litter Freephone service to encourage the public to report incidences of littering and illegal dumping.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.