One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The power or right to express one's opinions without censorship, restraint, or legal penalty.‘unjustified restrictions on freedom of expression’
- ‘The International Federation of Journalists is supporting plans to hold a national conference aimed at promoting the protection of journalists and freedom of expression.’
- ‘Many columnists are expressing concern about the censorship of unpopular views, and what that might mean for freedom of expression.’
- ‘Kathryn said that for some of her friends the cartoons represent freedom of expression and they believe artists should not be restricted.’
- ‘Last year, the European Court of Human Rights deemed the punishment handed down to the abuser as being disproportionate and a violation of freedom of expression.’
- ‘Emergency legislation severely restricts the rights to freedom of expression, association and assembly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.