Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An unimpeded attempt at a goal awarded to a player following a foul or other infringement.
- ‘The clock will not stop on fouls and free throws during this time.’
- ‘Fouled shooters get two or three free throws and your players are eventually disqualified.’
- ‘Teams then were also able to designate one player to shoot all free throws.’
- ‘Great players are supposed to shoot anywhere between six to nine free throws per game on average.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Ben Wallace missed two free throws after drawing a foul driving the baseline.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.