One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An unimpeded attempt at a goal awarded to a player following a foul or other infringement.
- ‘Teams then were also able to designate one player to shoot all free throws.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Ben Wallace missed two free throws after drawing a foul driving the baseline.’
- ‘Fouled shooters get two or three free throws and your players are eventually disqualified.’
- ‘The clock will not stop on fouls and free throws during this time.’
- ‘Great players are supposed to shoot anywhere between six to nine free throws per game on average.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.