One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set division of the school day that is not allocated to a lesson.‘teachers use free periods for marking work, doing lesson plans, and the like’
- ‘The friends were on a free period when they headed towards the city centre to do some Christmas shopping.’
- ‘Facing criticism about skipped classes, some students opted to use their lunch or free periods to protest.’
- ‘Students no longer enjoy free periods, except lunch, and must eat only in the cafeteria, not on the spacious grounds.’
- ‘Teachers in their free period or after school would sit together and help each other in translating these songs into Gujarati.’
- ‘Jessica said her 8-year-old son would take his Bible to school to read during a free period.’
- ‘The friends used to play tag during a free period, a tradition they had until the last day of high school.’
- ‘Each participant viewed brief video clips of himself following simple adult instructions just prior to the unit's afternoon free period.’
- ‘Teachers teach five of the seven periods and often plan lessons together during the school day on their free periods.’
- ‘We were Muslim therefore when scripture was on we had a free period during the week.’
- ‘Perhaps your friend could even teach the lessons at the school, during lunch or a free period, or after school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.