One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set division of the school day that is not allocated to a lesson.‘teachers use free periods for marking work, doing lesson plans, and the like’
- ‘Facing criticism about skipped classes, some students opted to use their lunch or free periods to protest.’
- ‘The friends used to play tag during a free period, a tradition they had until the last day of high school.’
- ‘Jessica said her 8-year-old son would take his Bible to school to read during a free period.’
- ‘The friends were on a free period when they headed towards the city centre to do some Christmas shopping.’
- ‘Each participant viewed brief video clips of himself following simple adult instructions just prior to the unit's afternoon free period.’
- ‘Teachers in their free period or after school would sit together and help each other in translating these songs into Gujarati.’
- ‘Perhaps your friend could even teach the lessons at the school, during lunch or a free period, or after school.’
- ‘We were Muslim therefore when scripture was on we had a free period during the week.’
- ‘Students no longer enjoy free periods, except lunch, and must eat only in the cafeteria, not on the spacious grounds.’
- ‘Teachers teach five of the seven periods and often plan lessons together during the school day on their free periods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.