One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thermodynamic quantity equivalent to the capacity of a system to do work.See also Gibbs free energy
- ‘Thus the calculated electrostatic free energy corresponds to the work required to push the test ion into the channel.’
- ‘The origin of the cell voltage is then the difference in free energy between Li + ions in the crystal structures of the two electrode materials.’
- ‘Therefore, a thermodynamic analysis of denaturation free energy change can be used.’
- ‘The notable decrease in free energy from trimer to tetramer suggested that the aggregation process was cooperative.’
- ‘The thesis was on thermodynamic potential in physics and chemistry and in it he defined the criterion for chemical reactions in terms of free energy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.