One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The option to nominate any ball as the object ball when snookered as a result of a foul stroke.
- ‘Doherty then finds himself in trouble when a foul gives Hendry a free ball brown, which he slots in.’
- ‘Wood took brown as a free ball and went on to compile a 32 break with a brown, two blues and two blacks.’
- ‘James had produced a notable first in the match, a 16-red 135 total clearance that began with a free ball.’
- ‘Normally the maximum is 147, but on this occasion Burnett got a free ball as an extra red.’
- ‘Excluding free balls, what is the highest break in snooker that can be made without potting a single black?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.