One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Informal and relaxed.‘enjoy the free and easy lifestyle’
easy-going, relaxed, casual, informal, unceremonious, unforced, natural, open, spontaneous, uninhibited, friendlyView synonyms
- ‘When you get home with your child at the end of the workday, keep your time free and easy.’
- ‘It was a lovely life back then, so free and easy.’
- ‘Kara was being free and easy with her invitations.’
- ‘A lot of male friendships are built on both parties being free and easy and never having to contribute more than companionship in the pursuit of pleasure and the loan of a ton until payday.’
- ‘The high hourly rate gives you a relatively free and easy lifestyle, you know.’
- ‘In fact, although Americans tell me how much things have tightened up, compared to Britain everything seemed remarkably free and easy.’
- ‘The letters are lively and witty, though occasionally solemn in their reflections; she believed that letters ‘should be as free and easy as one's discourse’.’
- ‘They had the kind of solid, free and easy friendship that would allow for long stretches of silence in complete comfort.’
- ‘Things with Natasha were free and easy, just the way things ought to be.’
- ‘The fifties were free and easy if you endorsed the status quo, but repressive and suffocating if you did not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.