One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having freckles on the face.‘three blonde-haired, freckle-faced children’
- ‘The freckle-faced Mona is working class, rebellious and keen to be led astray.’
- ‘He was towheaded, freckle-faced, knock-kneed and tongue-tied.’
- ‘His girlfriend, freckle-faced and dusted in makeup, sat alongside him, staring out of the window as the north London streets crawled by.’
- ‘In action, freckle-faced and faintly ginger, he has the face of a rather severe soldier saint in the background of a Botticelli painting.’
- ‘And Lord, I feel as though I've sent a freckle-faced farm kid into war.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.