Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tent supported by a tall frame, giving it nearly perpendicular sides and standing headroom throughout.
- ‘Royal tent, dome tents, tunnel tents, ridge tents, and frame tents are a new addition to our camping range.’
- ‘We feature rope tents, frame tents and specialty tents for all occasions, including weddings, banquets, parties, bar mitzvahs, corporate events & more.’
- ‘We have frame tents from the smallest 2 Berth to the biggest 8 Berth.’
- ‘In highseason, the frame tents are only rented per week, one Week is from Saturday 16.00 h. till next Saturday 11.00 h. Off highseason, you can make reservations from three nights up.’
- ‘Pole tents are available in larger sizes than frame tents and add a dramatic look to an event because of the center pole height.’
- ‘Sidewalls and tent liners are available for rope and frame tents only.’
- ‘Opposite them, they set up a frame tent that featured continuous videos on the Army Reserve.’
- ‘A frame tent is a framework of aluminum pipes that support the fabric roof and define the structure's shape.’
- ‘Inside one container was a tent equal in size to two frame tents.’
- ‘Many years ago frame tents dominated the campsite landscape but today with modern manufacturing and design techniques, the frame tent has all but disappeared.’
- ‘In more recent years, the huge, spindly, family-sized frame tents have largely given way to caravans and motorhomes.’
- ‘These frame tents are ideal for installation on cement.’
- ‘A frame tent is a metal structure with a vinyl roof covering.’
- ‘Our frame tents are available in standard widths of 10 ’, 15 ’, 20 ’, and 30’ and modular in length.’
- ‘We offer pole tents, frame tents and European freespan structures.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.