Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A saw with a thin blade kept rigid by being stretched in a frame.
- ‘The design of the vertical tilt frame saw provides for ease of loading material on the machine's work table.’
- ‘The replacement of the frame saws for its part enabled increased production.’
- ‘At the factory blocks of limestone are slabbed using 3 frame saws and 3 single blade saws.’
- ‘Different sawing tools are applied for the different requirements in manual woodworking and are divided into the groups of frame saws and frameless saws.’
- ‘The frame saw is a traditional favorite of European master craftsmen.’
- ‘The rigid blade, originally made by rolling steel strips, makes a more accurate cut than a frame saw, and there is no frame to interfere with deep cuts.’
- ‘This is a fully automatic CNC wet grinding machine for the grinding of both hogging and frame saw blades.’
- ‘The effects are achieved by upgrading a conventional frame saw bench widely used in sawmills with ultrasound generator.’
- ‘In all, Austria has 6,000 sawmills with approximately 2,400 complete frame saws and 3,800 single frame saws.’
- ‘Keep in mind that there are many ways to do this faster with the use of mechanical tools, but you are doing this project to learn how to use your frame saw and how to solder.’
- ‘Diamond multi-blade saws called gang saws or frame saws are now well established as a standard means of slabbing marble’
- ‘Many companies that manufacture engineered flooring, doors, stiles and rails are able to take the veneer slats directly out of the frame saw and face glue them to a core product.’
- ‘Japanese frame saw blades are thinner than European blades, therefore they are more delicate.’
- ‘Because poorly adhered diamond cannot cut both directions under strong impact force, frame saws equipped with diamond segments are used only to cut soft marble.’
- ‘When large blocks of marble, limestone or sandstone are transported from the mines to industrial plants, tens of diamond frame saws are used to slice them into slabs.’
- ‘While frame saws are made for ripping, a bow saw is best designed to cross cut.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.