Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The frequency at which frames in a television picture, film, or video sequence are displayed.‘the higher frame rate is supposed to make fast action scenes look smoother’
- ‘This frame rate constitutes the low end for what we would consider to be reasonably smooth motion.’
- ‘Some of the CGI has a lower frame rate than the rest of the film, but everything else looks spectacular.’
- ‘Rendered video of this size and frame rate are also perfect for web projects and internet distribution.’
- ‘First, the animation is visibly cheaper, with a lower frame rate and level of detail.’
- ‘The frame rate for filming was 18 fps and when played back at 24 fps the action appears to speed up.’
- ‘But really an image is a segment of time, captured at the shutter speed or frame rate of the camera.’
- ‘The human eye's "native" refresh rate is approximately 20 milliseconds, corresponding to a frame rate of one fiftieth of a second.’
- ‘Rounding out the visuals is the very smooth frame rate Gladius enjoys.’
- ‘PAL uses a frame rate of 25 fps and NTSC uses the somewhat odd frame rate of 29.97 fps.’
- ‘When things get visually complicated, the frame rate often slows down as well, which makes the film feel unfinished.’
- ‘Differences in frame rates are responsible for old films looking jerky with everyone walking around faster.’
- ‘I was able to improve the look of the game quite a bit without sacrificing the frame rate.’
- ‘The variety of visual frills and eye-candy available to display have to be sacrificed to get an acceptable frame rate.’
- ‘We could only get a few vehicles on the screen at a time on our test machine without the frame rate bottoming out.’
- ‘On a more positive note, the view distance is impressive, and there is no noticeable reduction in frame rate during heated engagements.’
- ‘If your computer can't run the frame rates then it'll start slowing down.’
- ‘If it had been twice as long with double the frame rate, we might have had something.’
- ‘I guess that comes down to what you would deem to be a playable frame rate.’
- ‘Dropping the frame rate to twelve or fifteen fps will still produce a quite smooth animation, but will also take half as much time for students to capture.’
- ‘To decrease file size lower the frame rate and/or decrease the image size and number of colours displayed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.