One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Patient viewers will notice that a barely perceptible sheet of glass separates the two women, and they will also register two men seen fragmentarily.’
- ‘These pieces amount to two anthems which survive complete, and some Anglican liturgical music which survives fragmentarily in Durham Cathedral Library and cannot be reconstructed.’
- ‘Popular entertainment depicting disabled characters allude to these fears and prejudice or address them obliquely or fragmentarily, seeking to reassure ourselves.’
- ‘That is, what conceptualization that person was attempting to symbolize, however tentatively and fragmentarily, using the linguistic resources available to him or her.’
- ‘In the first place the elements of a simple past-tense narrative concerning Aristeas do not, even fragmentarily, run sequentially from the beginning to the end of the poem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.