One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The hunting, shooting, or trapping of wildfowl.
- ‘Like fowling, angling was pursued for two purposes, sport and utility.’
- ‘Winslow continues: ‘Our harvest being gotten in, our Governor sent foure men on fowling; so that we might after a more speciall manner rejoyce together, after we had gathered the fruit of our labours.’’
- ‘He was a man of many hobbies which included, hunting, fowling and both track and coursing.’
- ‘Low-intensity agricultural system based on fishing and fowling was replaced by a high-intensity system based on arable crops.’
- ‘It all began way back years ago when John as a young man with gun and dog went fowling.’
- ‘During my late teens and early twenties I had a Chesapeake Bay retriever, a fine wild fowling dog.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.