Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In the fourth place (used to introduce a fourth point)‘fourthly, and last, there are variations in context that influence the process’
- ‘Or fourthly, and probably the best option in your case, is to go back to America, where life will be simpler for you.’
- ‘Therefore, fourthly, is it sufficient for this court to say that it is as convinced as it can be that these two people were honest?’
- ‘And fourthly, the moral ramifications of taking a persons' life as a form of punishment are extremely complex.’
- ‘And, fourthly, it is clear that the social and economic demands being made upon people are higher both personally and generally than before.’
- ‘And, fourthly, those who did not meet the criteria for an appointment are monitored by their doctor and should their conditions change are referred back to their specialists.’
- ‘Firstly, the coach and employee agree what the goals of coaching are; secondly, they analyse the present position/reality; thirdly they explore the available options; fourthly they identify and commit to a course of action.’
- ‘Secondly, to stop paramilitary activities, thirdly significant disarmament, and fourthly, a public statement that conflict is over.’
- ‘First of all, pest control; secondly, its traditional role within rural areas; thirdly, it was claimed to be a provider of local employment and, fourthly, it was seen to have a social or recreational function within these areas.’
- ‘And fourthly, it doesn't build women's capacity to deal with potential exploitation to pre-departure trainings and seminars and the like.’
- ‘And fourthly, are the directors trying to do too much?’
- ‘And fourthly, medicine, in all due respect, is like going back to the horse and buggy days when it comes to the use of information technology.’
- ‘And fourthly I look forward to going through the rest of the site.’
- ‘And then fourthly, we need greater awareness on the part of the parents.’
- ‘If I was hearing the case, and able to establish that firstly, the man was hungry; secondly, that he was a first offender; thirdly, that the food was retrieved; and fourthly, that he was unemployed; I would have given him a warning.’
- ‘Four issues are therefore addressed: firstly, the power of knowing who you are; secondly, discovering what matters most to you; thirdly, doing something about what matters most and fourthly, a broader view on what matters most.’
- ‘And, fourthly, we have the involvement of the Norwegian facilitators, and that has made a considerable difference.’
- ‘And, fourthly, a reliable record of atrocities is established, so that future generations may be made fully aware of the events, and remember the victims.’
- ‘And, fourthly, that, in any event, such act or conduct as was committed by the Defendant was committed by her without any reasonable excuse.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.