The analysis of a complex waveform expressed as a series of sinusoidal functions, the frequencies of which form a harmonic series.
- ‘The nonclassified areas of focus were pure mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, logistics, applied areas of analysis such as Fourier analysis, and computation.’
- ‘Their work uses three dimensional Fourier analysis and periodic boundary conditions.’
- ‘His theorem, now called the Riesz - Fischer theorem, which he proved in 1907, is fundamental in the Fourier analysis of Hilbert space.’
- ‘He did considerable work developing new mathematical tools particularly in the area of Fourier analysis and generalised functions.’
- ‘They used three dimensional Fourier analysis and periodic boundary conditions in this important study.’