One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The analysis of a complex waveform expressed as a series of sinusoidal functions, the frequencies of which form a harmonic series.
- ‘He did considerable work developing new mathematical tools particularly in the area of Fourier analysis and generalised functions.’
- ‘Their work uses three dimensional Fourier analysis and periodic boundary conditions.’
- ‘They used three dimensional Fourier analysis and periodic boundary conditions in this important study.’
- ‘The nonclassified areas of focus were pure mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, logistics, applied areas of analysis such as Fourier analysis, and computation.’
- ‘His theorem, now called the Riesz - Fischer theorem, which he proved in 1907, is fundamental in the Fourier analysis of Hilbert space.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.