One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for marvel of Peru
- ‘Bacteria reisolated from four o'clock plants and characterized were the same as the original strains.’
- ‘Mirabilis jalapa (four o'clock plant, marvel of Peru) is a bushy, short-lived, tuberous perennial with ovate leaves.’
- ‘I have a four o'clock plant that was given to me by a friend.’
- ‘Step into the Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast by a gated entry past the violets and the four o'clock plants to find your urban hideaway.’
- ‘The classic study of maternal inheritance was performed by Correns on the four o'clock plant.’
- ‘Can he do so by crossing pink Japanese four o'clock flowers with white Japanese four o'clock plants?’
- ‘The plant belongs to Nyctaginaceae family of bougainvillea and four o'clock plant.’
- ‘Flowers of Mirabilis jalapa, the four o'clock plant open at sunset and closed at sunrise, they also remain open during dark cloudy days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.