One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The four central beliefs containing the essence of Buddhist teaching.See Buddhism
- ‘The four noble truths thus represent an alternative and more realistic belief system than the one we typically carry around with us.’
- ‘The four noble truths and the teachings of loving-kindness and compassion always apply.’
- ‘While a few key concepts (like the four noble truths, with their simultaneously gloomy and hopeful view of human nature) have always held firm, methods, philosophies and interpretations have differed widely.’
- ‘But looking at things in terms of the four noble truths allows you to solve the whole problem of suffering.’
- ‘The Buddha's discovery was elaborated in the four noble truths.’
- ‘These are what people on Earth call the four noble truths.’
- ‘Our enlightened nature is covered by obscurations that can gradually be removed, that is the essence of the teaching of the four noble truths.’
- ‘It is critical to realize that none of the four noble truths departs from the truth of suffering and that all are, in a sense, contained in the first.’
- ‘Whilst seated beneath the Bodhi tree the Buddha experienced the four noble truths.’
- ‘Shakyamuni Buddha's first disciples became liberated when they heard him expound the four noble truths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.