One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a vehicle) having four doors.‘a luxurious and stylish new four-door luxury car’
- ‘Originally a sound four-door vehicle, the test model was in silver-grey with dark fleck upholstery.’
- ‘This is no race car, but a grey, four-door family sedan.’
- ‘It is a very stylish and practical four-door sedan.’
- ‘It's special it's a four-door convertible.’
- ‘This high-end, four-door pickup truck accounted for about 37 percent of all Ranger sales in 1997.’
- ‘The car, a dark four-door saloon, drove off, leaving him behind.’
- ‘Toyota could have a period in the sun, however, as Irish buyers have a strong preference for the traditional four-door saloon.’
- ‘A witness told investigators that he heard the collision and saw a four-door white sedan fleeing the scene toward the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, the police said.’
- ‘The manufacturer is taking a trendy piece of architecture and using it to add appeal to what looks like a run-of-the-mill, four-door sedan.’
- ‘It was a four door affair with a clutch that fell out and a rubbish gear box.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.