One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person belonging to a society or organization who was involved in setting it up.‘she was the founder member of a chartered accountancy firm’
- ‘Founding members are advised to not develop high expectations at the start.’
- ‘He was one of the founder members of the now legendary magazine.’
- ‘He is one of the founder members of a rural based theatre company.’
- ‘Frank is proud to be a founding member of the co-op.’
- ‘One of three founding members of the festival recalls how it all began 11 years ago.’
- ‘He was one of the founder members of the tramway museum.’
- ‘They were both founder members of the football league.’
- ‘We are very honoured to have Billy, who was a founder member of the club, still working with us today.’
- ‘Niger was the first country where it opened offices and in fact, the first director and founder member was based in that country.’
- ‘Nine cities have become founder members of the network.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.