One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person belonging to a society or organization who was involved in setting it up.‘she was the founder member of a chartered accountancy firm’
- ‘They were both founder members of the football league.’
- ‘Frank is proud to be a founding member of the co-op.’
- ‘Founding members are advised to not develop high expectations at the start.’
- ‘Nine cities have become founder members of the network.’
- ‘He was one of the founder members of the tramway museum.’
- ‘We are very honoured to have Billy, who was a founder member of the club, still working with us today.’
- ‘One of three founding members of the festival recalls how it all began 11 years ago.’
- ‘He is one of the founder members of a rural based theatre company.’
- ‘He was one of the founder members of the now legendary magazine.’
- ‘Niger was the first country where it opened offices and in fact, the first director and founder member was based in that country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.