One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A situation in which a player is in danger of exceeding the number of permitted fouls and being put out of the game.‘he overcame foul trouble to get 19 points and eight rebounds’‘unless they get into foul trouble, Duke's starting guards won't see the bench much tonight against Wisconsin’
- ‘We were able to keep the lead in the first half with some severe foul trouble.’
- ‘We stay out of foul trouble by playing better defense with our feet.’
- ‘Despite foul trouble, Shaquille O'Neal scored 20 points in 31 minutes.’
- ‘Due to some lazy footwork, he gets into foul trouble too much.’
- ‘You are the dominant defensive player in the game, yet rarely do you run into foul trouble.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.