One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A situation in which a player is in danger of exceeding the number of permitted fouls and being put out of the game.‘he overcame foul trouble to get 19 points and eight rebounds’‘unless they get into foul trouble, Duke's starting guards won't see the bench much tonight against Wisconsin’
- ‘Due to some lazy footwork, he gets into foul trouble too much.’
- ‘Despite foul trouble, Shaquille O'Neal scored 20 points in 31 minutes.’
- ‘We stay out of foul trouble by playing better defense with our feet.’
- ‘You are the dominant defensive player in the game, yet rarely do you run into foul trouble.’
- ‘We were able to keep the lead in the first half with some severe foul trouble.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.