One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman in relation to the child or children whom she is fostering.‘it is preferable for the child to remain with her foster mother’
- ‘They were adopted by the sweetest old lady in Detroit, a woman who served as foster mother to hundreds of kids in need.’
- ‘Initially he was placed with his sisters, but the foster mother found it too difficult to care for the two girls and a newborn.’
- ‘The child was removed from her and was placed with a foster mother, where she has remained ever since.’
- ‘She'd rather not have to lie to her foster mother.’
- ‘Her gradual rediscovery of human values and maternal feelings takes place through a series of encounters as she travels towards the home of her old foster mother.’
- ‘The proposed foster mother lives in the Manchester area with her husband and their two children.’
- ‘Her foster mother was an honest and loving person.’
- ‘Alicia takes tiny Hope from her new foster mother and places her in the bassinet.’
- ‘Their foster mother often visits from India.’
- ‘The actor puts in a measured performance as the concerned foster mother.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.