One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Temporary custody or guardianship for children whose parents are dead or unable to look after them.‘they were voluntarily placed in foster care’‘he was taken into foster care’
- ‘When the authorities take Lucy away to foster care, Sam seeks legal representation.’
- ‘Not surprisingly, when you take away the parents in a poor neighborhood, the children end up in foster care, so using prisons to respond to lots of problems creates even more problems.’
- ‘As a result of his mother's worsening mental state, he was placed into foster care.’
- ‘The court system lacks sufficient tools, information, and accountability necessary to move children swiftly out of foster care and into permanent homes.’
- ‘She is board president of a non-profit group that raises funds for foster children and prepares them to leave the foster care system.’
- ‘Winfrey also gave away a four-year college scholarship to a woman who spent her teen years in foster care and homeless shelters.’
- ‘She was raised in foster care from infancy until age eighteen.’
- ‘The healthy baby is expected to be put into temporary foster care while the police continue an appeal for her mother to come forward.’
- ‘At any one time, there are 580,000 kids across the country in foster care.’
- ‘If parents can change, then foster care is really only an interim measure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.