One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a rock or stratum) containing fossils or organic remains.
- ‘The La Meseta Formation is the best exposed and most fossiliferous rock unit of Eocene age in Antarctica.’
- ‘These rocks are thought to be Ordovician in age based on correlation with fossiliferous rocks at the same structural horizon near Nyalam.’
- ‘The lower part of the section consists of natural outcrops at the hillside, whereas the higher, more fossiliferous strata are exposed by artificial trenches.’
- ‘During the years there he devoted his spare time to the geology of the deformed but fossiliferous rocks of the southern uplands, and to probing the mysteries of graptolite anatomy and lineages.’
- ‘In this great class we should probably have to descend far beneath the lowest known fossiliferous stratum to discover the earlier stages, by which the eye has been perfected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.