One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Boldness or overfamiliarity in manner.‘I hope that my forwardness hasn't offended you’
boldness, brashness, brazenness, barefacedness, shamelessness, immodesty, audacity, effrontery, daring, presumption, familiarity, overfamiliarity, irreverence, over-assertiveness, overconfidence, overweening natureView synonyms
- ‘I think my forwardness was starting to make him a little uncomfortable.’
- ‘William was taken aback by the girl's forwardness.’
- ‘Alex chuckled, and Lily blushed at her own forwardness.’
- ‘The flap is measured in two dimensions, first measurement being the length and second being the forwardness of the flaps.’
- ‘Katherine was slightly abashed at his forwardness and lingered outside of the house, not really wanting to go in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.