One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The scattering of radiation involving a change of direction of less than 90 degrees, in particular the propagation of high-frequency radio waves beyond the horizon by scattering or reflection from the ionosphere.
- ‘Numerical simulations of the temporal evolution of laser light filamentation and stimulated Brillouin forward scattering in plasmas, under conditions that are relevant to laser fusion, are presented and analyzed.’
- ‘Figure 6c includes the mirrorantisymmetric layer that, within the accuracy of the calculations, removes the reflected contributions and the spurious forward scattering to leave transmission unhindered, as predicted.’
- ‘Although it is generally best to avoid forward scattering effects when possible, in some instances they may be used to advantage.’
- ‘In general, kinoform diffusers provide very efficient and achromatic forward scattering of light.’
- ‘Dead cells were discriminated from single viable cells by gating on forward scattering versus side scattering.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.