One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of making plans to take into account what is likely to happen or be needed in the future.‘with a bit of forward planning, this party can be fun for all ages’
- ‘He wants better forward planning of big exhibitions.’
- ‘A relatively small amount of forward planning can have a significant impact on how a company is perceived in the market.’
- ‘A little forward planning should help you to avoid punitive overdraft charges.’
- ‘Construction time was estimated at three months, meaning that forward planning and organisation were two very important tools that made the construction a success.’
- ‘Each month the twenty leaders get together to talk and to do some forward planning, always looking at ways to improve their areas.’
- ‘In my case, a small amount of forward planning could have saved me great anguish and might have minimized some financial blows.’
- ‘With a little forward planning, it is possible to keep your clothing purchases comfortably within the family budget!’
- ‘It almost seems like poor forward planning to have these two events so close together.’
- ‘I for one am angry at the apparent lack of forward planning and strategic decision-making.’
- ‘The benefits of such forward planning included the potential for increased circulation, sponsorship, and government funding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.