One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is much to convince us of the desolation and forsakenness of life.’
- ‘They allow us to shout out our forsakenness in the dark caverns of abandonment.’
- ‘And for the most part societies and, indeed, entire cultures have disapproved of that kind of story which offers an unalleviated picture of human forsakenness.’
- ‘Gregarious from the start, the only time he is alone is in his death, the awfulness of which is an enforced loneliness and forsakenness without any way of a transcendent escape.’
- ‘Into the dark and unfriendly ocean of forsakenness my spirit sank in despair as my shattered life lay before my eyes like a horror too incomprehensible to understand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.