One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Will we change the Constitution to restrict the rights of fornicators, adulterers or divorcees in the interest of protecting the ‘sanctity’ of marriage?’
- ‘They play in a band and sing songs; they pass out leaflets; and they scold the fornicators who live next door.’
- ‘By the late eighteenth century, New England law enforcers arrested few fornicators or adulterers, though premarital and extramarital sex had hardly disappeared.’
- ‘And if they are, how would you punish the fornicator or adulterer?’
- ‘And yet not one member of the House or Senate would consider supporting a constitutional amendment to discriminate against fornicators or adulterers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.