Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Make formulaic or predictable.‘their stage shows have become a little formularized’
foreseeable, expected, par for the courseView synonyms
- ‘Trying to formularize career growth is as big a mistake as any other overly simplified process.’
- ‘Monthly, students and instructors set attainable goals and formularize an individual study plan for each student.’
- ‘The constraints of a certain kind of commercial fiction have tended to formularize the field over the last 50 years.’
- ‘These have subsequently been formularised as a set of eight ‘Millenium Development Goals’.’
- ‘We must first of all, as a country and people, formularize a strategy for reforming energy in rural areas.’
- ‘Bins are not formularised but made to a style.’
- ‘It attempts to formularise the story of Presley into a jolly singalong with some vague lookalikes and leave the audience with a weep at the end.’
- ‘I think we've managed to do it so far, but I see the danger as you say of formularising it.’
- ‘Trading plans should be formularised before market starts and you should stick to it.’
- ‘The truth is that the conventional wisdom on asset allocations is pretty much an idiotic exercise in trying to formularize something that should be as individual as a thumbprint.’
- ‘This prompted me do do a little cutting, pasting and formularising, and this it what I found.’
- ‘To complete the codification effort, it is useful to formularise the relationship between the governor and the head of state.’
- ‘It's not a very intimidating list - mostly it just formularizes the things that we already do, albeit too infrequently.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.