One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Portfolios, or collections of student work, may also be used formatively if students and teachers annotate the entries and observe growth over time and practice.’
- ‘Students are assessed both formatively and summatively in each discipline.’
- ‘Language and a common heritage facilitate British programme circulation in the US, Australasia, and Canada, societies which have been formatively shaped by British immigration.’
- ‘The term can mean gathering information, both formatively and summatively, about what students have learned - and this, then, would look directly to the desired outcomes of learning.’
- ‘Although exam participation is required, exam results are used only formatively and have no impact on students' grades or progress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.