One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of formic acid.
- ‘As the FDA and NutraSweet know full well, ripe fruits always contain the natural antidote, ethanol, which protects from methanol poisoning by preventing the conversion to formaldehyde and formate.’
- ‘In this context we note that the diffusional contribution to the formate and acetate relaxation dispersion was not detected as a distortion to the Lorentzian relaxation profile.’
- ‘The sodium formate is then carefully treated with sulfuric acid at low temperatures and distilled in a vacuum to yield formic acid.’
- ‘Glycolaldehyde contains exactly the same atoms, though in a different molecular structure, as methyl formate and acetic acid, both of which were detected previously in interstellar clouds.’
- ‘Examination of the structure of OxlT in more detail provides a clearer understanding of the chemistry underlying the transport of substrates such as oxalate and formate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.