One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A teacher who has responsibility for a particular class in a school.‘his form teacher recorded him late 22 times’
- ‘Shocked by her daughter's poor attendance, she said she visited the school and spoke with the girl's form teachers.’
- ‘You need to go and talk to your form teacher or someone else in school that you trust.’
- ‘The form teachers get to know each student well and care for their well being and progress.’
- ‘If your child is hesitant about approaching her form teacher, ask if there is someone else in the school she could talk to.’
- ‘The form teachers meet with the students every day to discuss issues affecting our young people today.’
- ‘The children were quietly instructed to smarten up their appearance by form teachers.’
- ‘Thanks to her hard work, and with the help of an excellent form teacher and special needs teacher, she did well in her tests.’
- ‘My form teacher, Mr Elsdon, was one of the strictest teachers but he believed in me and had faith in me.’
- ‘Each form teacher registered the students' attendance, collected meal money and tried to be a general guide and mentor.’
- ‘Start by making an appointment with your child's form teacher, and explain what has been happening.’
- ‘Every morning it is the responsibility of the form teacher to register all pupils.’
- ‘Laura came home very distressed because she thought her form teacher would tell her off for being late.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.