One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A standardized letter to deal with frequently occurring matters.
- ‘It was not a form letter, it was a personal email.’
- ‘And that's the form letter that people can sign?’
- ‘Reasons contained in a standard form letter issued by the Welfare Department justifying its rejection or cancellation of thousands of disability grants were declared invalid by the high court here yesterday.’
- ‘Westpac sent out a form letter explaining how they'd be putting up the interest rate on the loan (a lot faster than when they have to reduce it).’
- ‘A few months after we complete and file the paperwork, the friend gets an unfriendly form letter from INS requesting a lot more information.’
- ‘It's a form letter, which others have received too.’
- ‘It is noteworthy that his Lordship does not believe that a standard form letter, without more, is sufficient.’
- ‘I forgot to mention that in my first form letter.’
- ‘A few weeks later, you'd get a form letter which appeared to be from Santa himself.’
- ‘They put the privacy commissioner onto it and I received a form letter saying they investigated it.’
- ‘I mainly delete those or send back a form letter Logan helped me write.’
- ‘The request or requirement was in a standard form letter offering the men the posts, dated 21st March.’
- ‘What I think Glenn is missing here is that there is a difference between sending a form letter to your congressman and to your local newspaper.’
- ‘The other was a form letter from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA, otherwise known as the joke factory), closing the file on the little blue Ford.’
- ‘Sometimes, it would simply inform people in a standard form letter that they were ‘not disabled’, or ‘condition is treatable’.’
- ‘Calling or corresponding with someone if they have come in for an interview is manageable, but to write a letter, even a form letter, to every applicant is almost a full-time position.’
- ‘The page includes a form letter that you can send as is or personalized.’
- ‘They finally, grudgingly, found a form letter they sent to commanding officers when members of the military would be late.’
- ‘Following receipt of a standard form letter dated 31 October in which the ERO announced his intention to include the Claimant in the 2001 Register, the Claimant wrote again on 3 November expressing his objection.’
- ‘The Peak provided students with a handy form letter that could be cut out and sent to the solicitor general of Canada, urging him to reconsider the cancellation of the program.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.