One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Asian songbird of the thrush family, with a long forked tail and typically with black-and-white plumage.
- ‘It is an excellent place to watch forktails, redstarts, kingfisher, blackbirds etc.’
- ‘There are over 370 species of birds, including The Brown Dipper, forktails and sunbirds.’
- ‘A short drive to Corbett is rewarding as we stop en route for birding, looking for wall creepers, forktails, etc.’
- ‘These include the Brown Dipper, three different forktails and the five species of sunbirds.’
- ‘This sounds to me like the niche filled by the forktails in southeast Asia.’
- ‘More than 350 bird species can be found here as well, including forest birds such as woodpeckers, orioles, and magpies, and water birds such as wagtails, sandpipers, and forktails.’
- ‘The waterfall area had forktails (upstream from the falls), Malayan water shrews (in the waterfall lake after sunset), and Malayan whistling-thrush (in the forest about 300 m downstream).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.