One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pitch released from between the widely spread index finger and middle finger.
- ‘His main pitch was a nasty forkball, and I remember hitting a groundout to second base.’
- ‘He was in command the entire way, keeping his fastballs, sliders and forkballs down.’
- ‘I remember not being able to throw any forkballs because my hands were so cold.’
- ‘He has a mid-90s fastball, sinker and slider, but his best pitch could be his forkball, which is tough on left- and righthanded hitters.’
- ‘Now we see him coming in for a strike with either the forkball or a fastball, maybe a curve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.