One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A light meal or buffet that may be eaten solely with a fork, while standing.‘a large gathering enjoyed a delicious fork supper’
- ‘Haggis and all the trimmings is an easy dish to serve from a buffet table as a fork supper.’
- ‘There are also two types of supper to choose from: a 'sit-down', with a separate buffet throughout the evening for drinks, or a fork supper.’
- ‘A fork supper will be held in the restaurant on Sunday night.’
- ‘We would invite, at regular intervals, a mixed group of clergy and others to an informal fork supper.’
- ‘A letter from Rick's supervisor invited them to a fork supper at his house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.