One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The teacher, perhaps understandably but not really forgivably, was rushing through the material; no doubt to meet the targets identified in the syllabus.’
- ‘Less forgivably, he often wants to run on about logical positivism.’
- ‘Less forgivably, some United fans held up play by invading the pitch.’
- ‘More likely, but even less forgivably, he is in fact being deliberately deceptive, intent on sowing division and hatred as he spreads waves of squid ink of deliberate obfuscation.’
- ‘But there are situations, I would argue, when it is efficiently - even forgivably - narcissistic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.