One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be forgiven or tolerated; excusable.‘the flaws are forgivable’
pardonable, excusable, condonable, understandable, tolerable, permissible, allowable, justifiableView synonyms
- ‘The company then applied for and was granted the forgivable loan.’
- ‘At a karaoke bar, bad singing is forgivable, even expected.’
- ‘It's unavoidable, understandable, and perfectly forgivable under the circumstances.’
- ‘This flaw is forgivable, a natural result of working with a canvas 843 acres large.’
- ‘We've made accommodations to the system and allowances for ourselves which is natural and forgivable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.