One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A low-growing plant of the borage family, which typically has blue flowers and is a popular ornamental.
Myosotis and other genera, family Boraginaceae: several species, in particular the common European M. scorpioides, whose bright blue flowers have a yellow centre
- ‘Another favorite scheme combines salmon ranunculus with blue Chinese forget-me-not.’
- ‘You can sow the following directly in the ground: baby blue eyes, forget-me-nots, sweet alyssum, sweet peas, and spring wildflowers.’
- ‘Cluster them with snapdragons, primroses, forget-me-nots and alyssum in mixed beds or in containers.’
- ‘There were flowers she recognized, like daisies, dandelions and forget-me-nots.’
- ‘In between the ferns we have planted snowdrops and Omphalodes cappadocica, a relative of the forget-me-not which produces azure blue flowers in early spring each year.’
Mid 16th century: translating the Old French name ne m'oubliez mye; said to have the virtue of ensuring that the wearer of the flower would never be forgotten by a lover.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.