One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An advance warning.‘officials had no forewarning of the attacks’
- ‘As a forewarning, this is my longest chapter yet, but it is also crucial to the plot development that I am trying to reach, and to introduce elements and thoughts that will play larger roles in the future.’
- ‘We had good collaboration, and as the gentleman mentioned earlier, we had a lot of forewarning, a lot of cancellations.’
- ‘If I'd taken his strange forewarnings seriously, I might've been prepared to deal with the loss.’
- ‘The UN failed to respond to impending massacres despite forewarnings in all three cases.’
- ‘Put baldly, millions of evangelical Christians see forewarnings of Armageddon in the crisis in the Middle East.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.