One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Owls are the forewarners of evil and death.’
- ‘He is our forewarner in uncertainty, our monitor in matters of doubt, our defender in danger, and our assistant in need.’
- ‘That is, if journalists were talking about an innovative technology, or about a social concern, that that was a forewarner that the theme was going to become important.’
- ‘Grape growers often use roses at the ends of the rows in the vineyard as forewarners of any diseases that might affect the vines.’
- ‘The middle speech was the first-party forewarner arguing persuasively for an exit exam requirement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.