One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bloodsucking European louse fly of wooded areas, attacking horses and other animals.
- ‘One of our good friends from Belgium who works on forest flies finds dozens of new species each time he goes in.’
- ‘This brings the moot question to the fore: who else were at fault, besides the obvious parasites and the forest flies which spread the disease?’
- ‘There are also no or few horsefly's during these seasons and we don't see the biting forest flies which we do have during the summer weeks.’
- ‘The sub-genus Fusca or Austenina group are also referred to as forest flies.’
- ‘A post-mortem found the tigers died of a common parasite carried by forest flies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.