One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bloodsucking European louse fly of wooded areas, attacking horses and other animals.
Hippobosca equina, family Hippoboscidae
- ‘This brings the moot question to the fore: who else were at fault, besides the obvious parasites and the forest flies which spread the disease?’
- ‘The sub-genus Fusca or Austenina group are also referred to as forest flies.’
- ‘One of our good friends from Belgium who works on forest flies finds dozens of new species each time he goes in.’
- ‘A post-mortem found the tigers died of a common parasite carried by forest flies.’
- ‘There are also no or few horsefly's during these seasons and we don't see the biting forest flies which we do have during the summer weeks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.