One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ground beneath the trees of a forest, consisting of roots, soil, and decomposing organic matter.‘the fungi are spread over the forest floor’
- ‘On the forest floor is an odd nest-like structure.’
- ‘A partridge blends in well with the leaves on the forest floor.’
- ‘The fire spread through the forest floor from their property to the plaintiffs' property’
- ‘There were hundreds of large, bright red and black bugs crawling all over the forest floor.’
- ‘They cut down just a few of the mahogany trees, leaving the twigs and leaves to fertilize the forest floor.’
- ‘Narrow paths were worn into the forest floor by the million tiny legs of army and leaf-cutter ants.’
- ‘Its variations in height and transparency make the roofline a canopy that casts a dappled light on the forest floor.’
- ‘The rainwater come from forested mountains and has been discoloured by the tannins in the litter and growth on the forest floor.’
- ‘I stand over the insects crawling amid the pine needles on the forest floor.’
- ‘I sat on the forest floor, the scent of crushed pine needles under me filling the air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.