One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Give warning or promise of; foretell.‘astrologers that future fates foreshow’
- ‘It not only foreshows the reality of our times but also depicts the reality as a seeming illusion.’
- ‘The child playing with its toys foreshows future pleasant plans which will result in tranquility and satisfaction.’
- ‘Their extent and clarity are such that they unmistakably foreshow the divine character and mission of Christ.’
- ‘First he had a dream in the night, which foreshowed him truly the evils that were about to befall him in the person of his son.’
- ‘Since, therefore, He was about to be manifested and to suffer in the flesh, His suffering was foreshown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.