One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Go before or indicate the coming of.‘the vast inquietude that foreruns the storm’
- ‘If I should write to you of all things which promiscuously forerun our ruin, I should over-charge my weak head and grieve your tender heart.’
- ‘It is also showed that these later views foreran themes that were to be emphasized decades later by heterodox economists, particularly the Post Keynesian ones.’
- ‘An hour of this passed, when the vibrations of feet in contact with the ground foreran the one who approached.’
- ‘It had the swinging block style action operated with a finger-lever, which foreruns the Favorite.’
- ‘Mankind has never built a spacecraft of this shape, and I am moved anew when I realize that this very shape foreruns the form of future sample return spacecrafts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.