One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Already past; bygone.
past, former, earlier, one-time, long-ago, gone by, previous, forgotten, lost, finished, completed, of old, ancient, antiquated, obsolete, departed, dead, extinct, defunct, out of date, outmoded, passéView synonyms
- ‘This unhappy time is chanced unto me, for the punishment of my forepassed offences.’
- ‘I sometimes call to mind a forepassed desire, without any desire.’
- ‘It is the master-day, the day that judgeth all others: it is the day, saith an ancient Writer, that must judge of all my forepassed years.’
- ‘His "foul forepassed progeny" consisted of his plays, his novels, and his amorous poems.’
- ‘I have seene divers, by their death, either in good or evill, give reputation, to all their forepassed life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.