One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to report for a newspaper or broadcasting organization from a particular place abroad.‘she worked as a foreign correspondent in Africa for more than two decades’
- ‘The images present different insights from what foreign correspondents might document.’
- ‘A foreign correspondent who was present called him the most "media-friendly" gentleman politician in Tamil Nadu.’
- ‘He is a veteran foreign correspondent who has been living in Japan.’
- ‘The last time the foreign correspondent tried to enter the city, she was nearly shot by soldiers.’
- ‘All any foreign correspondent has to do is to pick up the phone, and he or she can find a source to confirm that life is very bad.’
- ‘His background is perfect for an American foreign correspondent.’
- ‘I was a foreign correspondent for almost 20 years.’
- ‘Its author is the chief foreign correspondent for NBC News.’
- ‘She is a Pulitzer Prize–winning former foreign correspondent now specializing in environmental reporting.’
- ‘We don't even have foreign correspondents anymore, basically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.