One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) educated or trained abroad and now living again in India.‘being a foreign-returned person was helping him up in the Party’
- ‘The products of phoren that washed up on our shores were worshiped as much for their packaging as their contents, and we sniffed the suitcases of foreign-returned relatives like shipwrecked enologists.’
- ‘The city-bred, foreign-returned friend claimed that he could tell the exact number of goats owned by the one who stays in the village without counting.’
- ‘Some of the Lao diaspora and foreign-returned students/businesspeople can play a big role in providing capital for jump-starting Internet ventures here (as in the case of India); an incubation role can also be explored by academic institutes and multilateral agencies.’
- ‘I was 26-years-old, foreign-returned, aspiring to write, travel, and live in the sun.’
- ‘These are people who are born and brought up in Pakistan, and they don't include even foreign-returned Pakistanis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.