One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) educated or trained abroad and now living again in India.‘being a foreign-returned person was helping him up in the Party’
- ‘The products of phoren that washed up on our shores were worshiped as much for their packaging as their contents, and we sniffed the suitcases of foreign-returned relatives like shipwrecked enologists.’
- ‘I was 26-years-old, foreign-returned, aspiring to write, travel, and live in the sun.’
- ‘Some of the Lao diaspora and foreign-returned students/businesspeople can play a big role in providing capital for jump-starting Internet ventures here (as in the case of India); an incubation role can also be explored by academic institutes and multilateral agencies.’
- ‘These are people who are born and brought up in Pakistan, and they don't include even foreign-returned Pakistanis.’
- ‘The city-bred, foreign-returned friend claimed that he could tell the exact number of goats owned by the one who stays in the village without counting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.